40th Anniversary Student Video Competition
The Canadian Health Coalition (CHC) is a public advocacy organization dedicated to the preservation and improvement of public health care in Canada. We are thrilled to be celebrating our 40th anniversary in 2019!
We are inviting young, budding filmmakers to mark this important milestone with us. Here’s your chance to show that a new generation wants to protect and expand public health care in Canada! The CHC will use the winning video at events surrounding our anniversary as well as on our social media platforms.
Participants must be enrolled in a secondary or post-secondary institution.
How to Apply
Submit the following information by email to CHC40thanniversary@gmail.com before March 15, 2019 (DEADLINE EXTENDED) specifying “Video competition” in the subject line.:
• A link to a video that reflects on the importance of Canadian public health care.
• A description of the motivation behind it (maximum 100 words).
• Personal contact information, including the name and address of your school and your program.
• All video must be completely original. It means the video must be created, directed, filmed and edited by the applicant(s).
• All video must be between 45 seconds and two minutes in length (including credits).
• All video must be uploaded to YouTube or Vimeo in the highest quality possible. Either 1920 x 1080 (1080p) or 1280 x 720 (720p) are ideal.
• If you choose to use images, sounds or music in your video, the content must be your own original work, or you must have appropriate, documented permissions (for example ShareAlike licences) to use the content, or the content must be in the public domain and follow all applicable copyright laws.
• Content will be screened in a public setting and should be appropriate for an all-ages audience.
• The videos submitted become the intellectual property of the CHC. Participants authorize the CHC to copy, share and distribute the videos at its discretion.
• The CHC will select the winners.
The winning videos will be rewarded with a cash prize.
1st prize: $500, 2nd prize: $250, 3rd prize: $100